Sending Human or Horse Hair:
- For table worked pieces, hair must be at least 12 inches or longer. I can weave hair that has been chemically treated/colored, stored for years or your own hair.
- For the basket weave pattern, hair must be at least 2 inches or longer in length
- If hair is being cut, the longest strands are preferred
- Part hair-go underneath-and cut a small amount close to the scalp
- Go to another area and do the same
- Keep hair shafts going all in the same direction
- Most patterns require the diameter of a pencil, unless I specify otherwise in an email.
- Tie hair with a hair tie
- Place in a zip lock bag and label with contact information (name/address/phone/e-mail)
- If you are sending more then one person's hair, place each in separate bags with separate labels
Mailing & Payment:
- Send hair in a bubble wrap envelope
- Horsehair should be cleaned and free of debris or a charge will be added to your order
- Please include half of the payment with the hair
- I work on a first come first served basis
- Orders take approximately one to two months to complete once the hair is received (depending upon the complexity of the piece and my workload).
- Upon completion of your keepsake, I will send an email along with a photograph, the balance is due at this time All unused hair is returned and completed item is carefully packaged, insured and mailed
- Check or money order is preferred method of payment. Sorry, NO C.O.D.'s
- Pennsylvania residents, 6% sales tax.
- All unused hair is returned. Completed item is carefully packaged, insured and mailed